Financial Analysis Resources
UC Davis Policy and Procedure Manual (PPM)
See Chapter 340, Rates, Recharges, and Sales Activities, particularly:
- PPM 340-25 Recharge Activities (PDF)
- PPM 340-09 Sales of University Goods and Services to Non-University Users (PDF)
Budget and Institutional Analysis
Financial System (DaFIS / Kuali)
Navigating the campus financial system is important in allocating and managing resources. The reporting capabilities are needed to review rates, provide fiscal oversight and counsel operating units and senior staff.
The campus is in the process of transitioning from the old financial system, DaFIS, to the new Kuali Financial system (KFS). As of December 2013, most transactions are completed in Kuali, however DaFIS online decision support is still used.
High Level organization codes:
- VPFS – Vice Chancellor Campus Planning, Facilities and Safety
- VFRM – Vice Chancellor Finance and Resource Management
Kuali Financial System
- Kuali (Info) (Login)
- KFS online tutorial, KFS 101
- "Kualification" Training Series
- Training documents
Effort Reporting / Cost Sharing / Other Extramural Reporting Requirements
Administrative units are becoming more aggressive in applying for and receiving funding from external agencies. Extramural funding has many reporting requirements that must be addressed.
Relevant resources for extramural fund management:
- Costing Policy and Analysis is responsible for campus policies that ensure compliance with federal policies. Costing and Policy Analysis overlaps with the rate review process for those rates that are charged to extramural funds.
- Budget and Institutional Analysis website White papers are excellent for understating current budget issues.
- The "Staffing List" is used to balance permanent staff commitments with permanent funding.
- Understanding "base budget" vs. "current" budget.